- Duvet: This is basically a type of blanket which you put on your bed. These blankets are also provided with zippers so you can fix them accurately and zip apart easily while washing. They also come with pillowcases.
- Quilt: A quilt is a handmade blanket consisting of varied colors or types of fabrics. You can make them easily at home with even denims or cotton cloth. You have to simply sew them together in your favorite design or even add batting for the extra warmth.
- Comforter: This is what we call blanket in general language because a comforter is responsible for the warmth. They come with variety of fabrics to even synthetic materials woven together to shield you from the winters.
- Throw Blanket: As the name suggests, this blanket is used for the occasions when you are feeling only a bit of cold. They come usually in lighter variety but some might even come with heavier ones. They are made up of fleece and a variety of fabrics.
- Fleece Blankets: These are very thin and short. Not preferably the ones you will need to snuggle in winters but can be used in summers for just giving you the comfort of one. One can put them on sofa’s for decorating as they are usually of soft materials.
- Afghan Blankets: A type of throw blanket and the most desirable among all. These are actually knitted or crocheted with a typical yarn. These are perfect for giving you the warmth in winters. Most of the people make these at their homes or even gift their loved ones. However, these still cannot protect you from extreme winter as they have minute holes in them through air can easily pass.
- Security blankets: These are the favorite of children all over the world. They may be available in full size but are usually of short length to give children comfort.