- Step One. Unscrew your old door. Take out the screws from the bottom hinge before the top hinge. Make sure the door is well-supported when you take the last screw out.
- Step Two. Hold the new door in the doorway to see if it needs adjusting. If the old one was a good fit, lay the new one on top of it and use it to mark where to plane or cut. Take equal amounts of wood from the top and bottom. Use a hand or plane saw to trim excess wood. Afterwards, sand it smooth. Ideally, there should be a gap the thickness of a 2p piece between either side of the door and the top. Allow more at the bottom if you have a thick carpet.
- Step Three. Check your new hinges against the old ones on the frame. If they don’t fit, rest them on the bottom of the hinge recess and mark along the top of the new hinge. Remove extra wood with a chisel and mallet. Check the new hinge sits flush to the frame. Screw both hinges to the door frame and open them. The edges of the hinges should stick out slightly from the frame edge. Prop the door in the door frame, resting it on wedges to get the correct gap at the bottom. With a pencil, mark where the top and bottom of the hinges should sit on the door.
- Step Four. Unscrew the hinges from the door frame. Place them on the edge of your door and draw around them. Make a series of chisel cuts to the right depth and then cut out the wood to the marked lines. Use a bradawl smaller than the screw to make a starter hole. Fit the hinge in the recess and screw in place.
- Step Five. With the door supported on wedges and at a right angle to the frame, fix the hinge flaps to the door frame. Use only one screw at first to allow you to make adjustments. Check the door opens and closes easily. If it does, you’re ready to fix the rest of the screws.
- Short Article Shows You The Ins and Outs of Clarin Gardening And What You Should Do Today
- Shortcuts To Luxury Clarin Interior Design That Just A Few Find Out About
- Unidentified Facts About Pumps Unveiled By The Experts
- Function As First To Read What The Experts Say About Luxury Clarin Interior Design
- The Idiot’s Guide To Clarin Handyman Described
- 5 Simple Details About Clarin Home Improvement Explained
- The 2-Minute Rule for Luxury Clarin Interior Design
- What You Need To Understand About Clarin Furniture And Why
- A few ideas, Treatments And Techniques For Luxury Clarin Interior Design
- The Close-guarded Strategies For Water Circulation Revealed
TagsBathroom Bedroom Bedrooms beds builders building Carpet circulation construction contractor Decorating design detail door fan floor furniture Garage gardening gazebo handyman house interior lamp living luxury machines maintenance Paving pumps room rug Rugs shelter siding solution table tile Ventilation wall water WC weather Windows wood