- Make a Big Statement. Large scale art adds a bit of theater to any room. Single large images, diptychs and triptychs all deliver big impact where-ever they are hung. High-resolution images can be printed at very large scale then cut appropriately and framed in pre-fabricated frames bought at Ikea. Your costs are very low and your decorating impact monumental.
- Drama is King. Who wouldn’t love to wrap an entire room in expensive wall covering for that over-the-top-look? When budget won’t allow for the whole room, select one wall or one section (the back of a niche, or other architectural detail) and create a splash with the paper there. To expend the high-style look match the paint on the surrounding walls to that of the paper. You’ll be pleased how far the drama will go.
- Find a Focus. Every room must have a focal point. Fireplaces are decorating gold for just this reason. They focus everything in the room. If you don’t have a fireplace you must create focus or direct attention to something else focus worthy (like a view). A great trick for creating immediate focus is a larger than life mirror, either hung or casually leaned against a wall. Hit up your favorite local retailers for gigantic framed mirrors and invest knowing you’ll get lots of bang for your decorating buck.
- One High-Style Piece. If your budget prevents you from filling your room with high-style, designer pieces then snag one mind-blowing piece and spin the rest of the room around it. A dramatic cabinet, an unusual antique chair or a super-chic cocktail table can add all the punch needed even if the rest of the room does not carry the same decorating wattage. When this is the case it’s great to dress out the room in similar, neutral colors (tans, taupe and cream are great for this) to heighten the impact of your designer piece. And never pay full retail for that high-style piece. Check out eBay, CraigsList and floor sample sales at your favorite expensive shops. You’ll be amazed at what you can find!
Dry pipe system
The pipes in this system are filled with air under pressure and the water is held back by the control valve which is usually located outside the protected area. When the sprinkler head is activated, the valve releases the compressed air through the sprinkler head. Once all the air has been released, water fills the system.
You should note that this system has a slower reaction time. The good side with the system is that it releases large amount of water; therefore, fire is put off fast.
Another good thing is that you don’t have to worry about flooding in case there is leakage in the pipes. These systems are used in areas where the wet and alternate systems can’t be used.
These systems are usually filled with water for the summer period then when the season is over, they are drained down and filled with air for the winter period. These systems are ideal for underground car parks and other buildings that are not usually heated.
These are variations of the dry and wet pipe systems. These systems must be triggered twice before water is dispensed from the sprinkler head. The first trigger allows water into the pipes while the second trigger releases the water and pushes it to through the sprinkler in order to extinguish the fire.
You may investigate outdoor construction with many attitudes, some wiser than others. Many times these inspirations lead people who have no background in construction to try their hand at it. The vision they have is so clear, they assume the process of creating it must be as easy and clear. Family and friends may try to warn this person about the vast challenge they are taking on, encouraging them to seek out guidance.
Some of these people listen, and find professionals they can work with and learn from, or just pass the job onto once they grasp how complex actualizing their dream is. These folks often relax in their realized vision; chuckling at how grand and simple they once thought construction was.
Some of these people choose not to listen to friends and family, and seek no professional help. Gathering a few DIY manuals, watching a few YouTube videos, they are convinced they can build their vision with no training and a lot of heart. Unfortunately, too many spouses have been forced to stand by, jaw clamped shut, as their loved one spirals down a pit of botched projects, dwindling money and patience.
A few of these types realize their mistake, and asking for help, see their dream realized and find appreciation for specialists. Some of these situations end in projects half-finished and falling apart. Procrastination creeps under the guise of learning and many seasons may go by without progress.
And then there are the strong few who plow through with little progress to show for their doggedness. They finish the work, but the dream has been lost in translation. Perhaps they will see a vision of perfection overlaid the shoddy work, or perhaps they will cease to visit that part of the property. To each their own.
Your experience of outdoor construction will go much smoother through seeking professional help. The lasting effects of the project will be there for all to see, so some pre – planning goes a long way. Your family should discuss the budget, and decide on weather proof materials that are durable and pleasing to the eye. Checking these expectations with a professional contractor will help give the project the body it needs to take shape.
MACRO LEVEL DECORATION
Wallpapers, to decorate the wall fit perfectly into the Marco section. A big pattern, solid colored wallpaper could totally go with a personality that is bold and gutsy.
However, a small pattern, with subtle pastel work would add more flavor to your house decor if you are the friendly neighborhood kinds.
If you are planning to decorate a guest room, floral wallpaper on the walls can do magic to your ambiance and make your guests feel warm, inviting and special.
MICRO LEVEL DECORATION
When it comes to decorating the bedroom at a Micro level, it is always a good idea to match the color of the wall with your age and the phase of life you are in.
- A DIY photo collage with strings of light could be a fantastic idea for a college goer or a bachelor. While an antique, rustic wall decor could talk volumes on your classy settled rich lifestyle.
- If you have a bent for modern styling and decoration, you can choose the bohemian geometric pattern style to decorate your bedroom walls.
- Folks who have a bent for creativity can for sure add a touch of handmade work to their wall decor.
- Quilted art, wooden mosaic wall art, wall mounted painting, vintage letters, handmade personalized signature paintings, Instagram photo’s,concept art work, glass painting, Painted glass vase, Honey comb wall art, graffiti, glow paintings, texture painting, gold polka dots, Plate art can bring some more life to your bedroom walls.
- To make the bedroom more blissful, one could have the perfect mix of bright and dim lights to on the wall to match the ‘mood transition’. Soft feather hangings in pastel colors can distress and help in mental relaxation.
- Kawaii painting could be another form of cute art that you could add to your list!
The first method uses a cooler (Styrofoam or plastic) and requires you to drill a hole on the top of the cooler. You will need to outline the circumference of the fan with a marker, making sure to make it slightly smaller so that the fan can rest on the opening without falling into the cooler. Once this is done, you will need to drill another hole for ventilation. You can use a cut our dryer vent or an elbow PVC pipe for this. The vent hole needs to be wide enough to hold either of these in place.
The next step is to fill the cooler with ice. You can use regular ice or water frozen in a container. Water frozen in plastic water bottles works well. One you replace the top of the cooler, place the fan and the elbow pipe or dryer vent in their appropriate openings. After making sure they fit snugly, it’s time to start the fan. You should now be feeling a cold breeze coming from the opening.
This method uses elements of the first, but instead of a cooler you use a 5 gallon bucket with a top. You will use 2 cut out 2 inch pipes (about 6 inches in length). You then outline the circumference of the pipes on the side of the bucket with a marker and cut out openings. Be sure to cut them out high enough so that the ice will have room.
You will then outline the fan on the top of the bucket and cut out a hole as well. The next step is to find a Styrofoam liner to hold the ice inside the cooler. Once you have all the materials in place, put the liner in the bucket, put the PVC pipes in their holes and add ice. Replace the top of the bucket and put the fan on it. Once everything is secure, turn on the fan and enjoy!
Both are similar in being manufactured from clay and other natural materials. Porcelain has the more refined clay that is denser and stronger than ceramic. The colors are deep all the way through and thus suitable for heavy traffic areas. In kitchens and bathrooms, they are successful without absorbing much water as compared to ceramics. Arabesque and Gatsby would suit bathrooms.
Ceramics consist of red or white clay compositions and the glaze carries the colors and patterns. They suit the walls and floors with moderate traffic since they are not so durable. They look fine anywhere and Devon Stone decorates the halls and lobbies very well.
The Vintage and Patterned Range of tiles suit walls and floors equally well. They may be installed in the hall or living rooms, and in kitchens and bathrooms. After sealing, they may be used in wet rooms too. LTP Mattstone is recommended as the best sealer.
Period designs or avant garde, find every style of tile design out here. Victorian Collection reproduces the art of the age that would suit a traditional layout. North African traditional designs painted by hand like the Moroccan Collection are also available.
For those who love the intensely modern, go for Ted Baker’s collection of stylish designs or the sharp Windmill Geometric. Sloane Square or Illusion tile has optical adventures for those who think out of the ordinary.
The majority of the vintage tiles has a matte surface that looks antique. The pretty and traditional Parisian Chic is made in both the finishes. Glossy is made of some tile designs.
Plain monochromes are also striking like Bertie or complex patterns like Manor. The trendy patchwork could be wildly colorful. Kasbah is good, but Comillas is more colorful.
Porcelain tiles are smaller like the Arabesque at 20x20cm and Ted Baker Geo Tile Deco at 15cmx15cm, suitable for walls and floors. Ceramics like the Metropolis collection may be 45cmX45cm. Find your right size.
Souk 15x15cm Ceramic, the Hexagon 17.5x20cm Porcelain, and the Baroque 22x25cm Porcelain are different. Marrakech Mosaic is a superb glass tile.
Use the vintage tiles indoors, in wet areas with sealing. Eastern Patchwork is very strong and may be used outside in patios and along paths.
Knowing the important aspects of vintage tiles, choose the family heart’s desire among many cool choices.
Blankets, especially throw blankets are used very similarly to decorative throw pillows; they are placed on leisure furniture, placed in baskets and used for comfort. Blankets, due to their versatility, are made from several different materials each allowing for various levels of warmth and softness. Most commonly blankets are made from either a wholeness or a blend of materials; usually cotton, wool, nylon, polyester and acrylics. Blankets that are made from wool tend to be warmer but do have a scratchier consistency, whereas blankets made from cotton are not as warm but much softer. A blanket and a decorative throw pillow are the ideal way to dress up your couch, bed or accent chair.
Add some sheets and a blanket together and you’ve got yourself a delightfully comfortable bed. Put simply, sheets are the inner lining of bedding made to protect your mattress while you sleep. Since comfort is key when making sheets only the softest materials are used. Most commonly the fabric is woven with a weave of cotton or a blend of cotton and polyester. Not only do these materials make the sheets soft but easy to care for as well; these materials are machine washable and extremely durable.
Another commonly used home textile is yet again another home essential, towels. Towels are made from a blend of cotton and polyester, which makes them both durable and soft. When purchasing towels, it is extremely important to make sure that you are purchasing terry cloth towels, which are a blend of these materials. This is due to the fact that terry cloth is specifically created to absorb moisture and remain durable after numerous washes and rough use. Towels are no longer just for used for their functionality, they are commonly used to decorate both kitchens and bathrooms by placing a decorative hand towel on the oven handle, or hand towels in a basket in the bathroom.
There is a plethora of home textiles that we all use on a day-to-day basis. From our grooming needs to our comfort home textiles are scattered all throughout your home, you just need to know where to look.
The idea may have come from the child’s bunkbed combined with a desk directly underneath the bed with wardrobes on the sides. The idea was so amazing that designers had to try it out with every room.
Packing and moving has also been made simple. All you have to do is fold up your bedroom and roll the box to your car. It’s so simple yet so modern.
With this new furniture piece, you can experiment more with your living space. One day you can have the living room in the bedroom and the study in the living room. This is the perfect idea for people who live in smaller apartments and houses.
Just like the bedroom that comes out of the wall, technology and packing methods have allowed us to not only put a bed in the wall but also a night stand. Some of these beds fold in half like an accordion so that there is more space above it.
Have you ever thought of how useful it would be to have a portable study? Sometimes there is just too much noise that affects our work. All you have to do is pack the furniture together into a slender box like a child’s building block game. You can then move to a different room and unpack the box with ease.
Dining room sets can be made into these portable modules. Sometimes we just don’t have a large enough space to do yoga or exercise. Although this could apply to any room, many people want to use the bigger room. These tables can fold into narrow blocks and put against a wall.
The style also works perfectly for modern houses. When all pieces are put together into one big block, the geometric shapes become a beautiful and trendy wall mural without drawing too much attention.
- Step One. Unscrew your old door. Take out the screws from the bottom hinge before the top hinge. Make sure the door is well-supported when you take the last screw out.
- Step Two. Hold the new door in the doorway to see if it needs adjusting. If the old one was a good fit, lay the new one on top of it and use it to mark where to plane or cut. Take equal amounts of wood from the top and bottom. Use a hand or plane saw to trim excess wood. Afterwards, sand it smooth. Ideally, there should be a gap the thickness of a 2p piece between either side of the door and the top. Allow more at the bottom if you have a thick carpet.
- Step Three. Check your new hinges against the old ones on the frame. If they don’t fit, rest them on the bottom of the hinge recess and mark along the top of the new hinge. Remove extra wood with a chisel and mallet. Check the new hinge sits flush to the frame. Screw both hinges to the door frame and open them. The edges of the hinges should stick out slightly from the frame edge. Prop the door in the door frame, resting it on wedges to get the correct gap at the bottom. With a pencil, mark where the top and bottom of the hinges should sit on the door.
- Step Four. Unscrew the hinges from the door frame. Place them on the edge of your door and draw around them. Make a series of chisel cuts to the right depth and then cut out the wood to the marked lines. Use a bradawl smaller than the screw to make a starter hole. Fit the hinge in the recess and screw in place.
- Step Five. With the door supported on wedges and at a right angle to the frame, fix the hinge flaps to the door frame. Use only one screw at first to allow you to make adjustments. Check the door opens and closes easily. If it does, you’re ready to fix the rest of the screws.
This method makes your concrete look like it is made from stone or brick and many other products that include wood and fossils as well. Stamped concretes are greatly durable too and often cost less. You can give a natural design to your concrete floors by installing stamped concrete. Acid stains and dry shakes as well as powder releases are used for coloring and designs. However, the only downside is that you need to properly maintain the stamped concrete or the colors may gradually wear away over time.
If you want some amazing new designs and color compositions and textures, you need to use concrete dyes. Concrete dyes are a safe bet in both home and commercial concrete applications and can be used to color walls and bridges as well apart from floors. However, concrete dyes are not suitable for exterior use as on direct exposure to sunlight, the color begins to fade a little or lighten up.
While not a proper dyeing method, acid staining is a great way to color the concrete. Here, a chemical reaction between water and mineral salts is what causes the concrete to have a new earth tone. Water and mineral salts basically react with the lime in the concrete. This method ensures that each slab of concrete has a unique appearance.
Of course, there are plenty of other methods too that are employed to make decorative concrete. When choosing one, it all depends on the colors, textures and designs you need.